Thank you for that. After a bit of Googling I documented my setup roughly like this:
– Install .Net 3.5.1 Features via Server Manager -> Add features wizard
– Install .Net 4.6:
– Install IIS 7.5: — Make sure you include the following features in IIS: IIS management console, IIS Management Script and Tools, Management Service, Static content, Directory Browsing, HTTP Errors, HTTP Redirection, ASP, ASP .Net, ISAPI Extensions, ISAPI Filters, .Net Extensibility, Default Document, HTTP Logging, Logging Tools, Basic Authentication
– Install SQL Server Express 2014: — Make sure you also install the Management Studio. This install will be set up with default configuration choices (next->next->finish), except for configuring mixed authentication mode. This will leave us with the instance ID: SQLEXPRESS.
– Download and install the complete Web Deploy Tool on the server hosting the website.
– Create the database <nameofsolutionhere> in SQL Server Express and create the local SQL User (not windows user) named <nameofsolutionhere> with the password <nameofsolutionhere>. Set this users default database to <nameofsolutionhere> and give the user dbcreator rights on the database <nameofsolutionhere>.
– Run the following command from cmd as administrator: %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Fra
– Start IIS Manager via the Start Menu and select the Application Pool named DefaultAppPool and then click basic settings. Choose Managed Pipeline Mode: Integrated, and .Net Framework version v.4.0.30319. NB! This is very important!
– Browse to the default website, normally C:\inetpub\wwwroot, and delete all the contents of the folder.
Make sure Forms Authentication and Anonymous Authentication is enabled in IIS Manager under IISServer\Sites\Default Web Site\Authentication
– Download the Web Deploy Package <nameofsolutionhere>.zip from the github site and place it at the server outside the IIS default location. Unzip it.
– Start CMD as administrator, go to to the location of the package with the cd command and execute the following: <nameofsolutionhere>.deplo
– Open web.config with notepad++ that is now placed under C:\inetpub\wwwroot and modify the connection string named “SQLConnectionString” to the following: Server=.\SQLEXPRESS;Databa
– Start cmd as administrator and enter the command: iisreset
– Start a web browser and enter the website using http://localhost